Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I've been reading...

I thought I'd share what I've been into reading lately (Yes! I read cookbooks!), and where I am getting a lot of recipes from. They aren't all about cooking, but I am growing a lot of our food, so gardening and preserving are big priorities this year too.


Make It Fresh Make It Healthy
Favorite recipe: Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese
My variation coming soon!

Season's Best Spring/Summer
Favorite Recipe: Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
My orange raspberry version coming soon!

Quick Vegetarian Main Dishes
Favorite Recipe: Green Minestrone

Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats
Favorite Recipe(s): Veggie Fritters & Sesame Eggplant Subs

Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
Favorite Recipe: Coffee Cake Muffins (My blueberry version coming soon!)
Plus, super useful charts for cooking grains and meats.

A Homemade Life 
Easy to read, with fun stories and yummy sounding recipes. I haven't tried any yet, but I'm enjoying reading it.

Preserving the Harvest
Love the simplicity of this book. Easy to read charts about freezing veggies and fruits too.



Rodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia Of Organic Gardening
I've used this book to reference everything from how deep to plant seeds to how to make your own pest repellent. LOVE IT! Wonderful resource.

Root Cellaring
This book goes a little deeper than I plan on using our root cellar, but the basics are there and it's a good starting point. I plan to get another book or two about root cellars.

Rodale's Vegetable Garden Problem Solver
I love Rodale's books. This one is a keeper too. Very useful, with easy to accomplish solutions.

Stocking Up 
Just got this as a gift. Looking forward to gathering lots of info from it.