Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Basic Cleaning Supplies

I use some very basic cleaners that I make myself to do almost all of the cleaning in my home. I make the sprays in clearly labeled, re-usable spray bottles.
Vinegar/Water Spray Cleaner: 1part White Vinegar + 2 parts water
Good for:
Window Washing
Kitchen Counter tops and appliances
"Freshen Up" cleaning in the bathroom
Pet Stain clean-up
Carpet Spills
Cleaning floors
& MUCH MUCH MORE

Bleach/Water Spray Cleaner: 3/4 cup bleach + 1 gallon water
Good for:
Kitchen Disinfecting
Bathroom Disinfecting
& MUCH MUCH MORE

You can clean just about everything in your home with these two easy to make cleaners.
Borax:
I use this for cleaning the toilet and tub/tile in the shower. I find it works well for deep cleaning. I use vinegar water or bleach water to clean regularly.

For the toilet, sprinkle in about 1/4 cup Borax. Let sit for 30 minutes. Scrub with toilet brush.

For the tub/tile: Sprinkle Borax in tub. Use a wet scrubbing sponge to scrub. Rinse with water.

Baking Soda Paste
Make a paste with baking soda and a little water. Use with a damp scrubbing sponge clean grout, stove tops, and to remove stuck on food off of countertops or appliances.

Magic Eraser
For ceramic stovetops & stubborn stains or spots on walls and painted furniture.

Guardsman
The only cleaner I recommend for wood. Follow this advice to keep your wood furniture in the best shape possible.